Host Problems

Andrea

Would you please check if this site:

w ww.harriso nsco ntracting.com [remove spaces] comes up with reasonable speed for you?

I could not get it to come up on my home comp this morning and contacted tech support. They said they added my IP -- why the heck do I have to have my IP added to view a site????? --- and it worked, but when I tried it from the home computer, it did not come up for almost 2 minutes. I tried tech support again was told everything is fine on their end and it's my IP issue.... What, 2 in one day????

Please let me know what you see.

Thanks again, Ben - I'll wait for a few other 'testers' before I contact their tech support again.

And thank you too, Lynne - I had a delay between writing my post and posting, and didn't notice you had replied as well.

I'm in Columbus, Ohio and it took about 30-45 seconds to load and when it finally loaded, it was without any styles applied. When I refreshed to get the styles to load, it timed out and won't display.

Weird - this site shows that it's "just me" : http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Edit to add - now that site is showing it's not "just me". ;)

Edited by Susie

One minute and still waiting for it to load..then it timed out. I checked Susie's link and it tells me that it's just me. So I punched it in again and then it did come up quickly. Definitely something wrong going on there though.

Supposedly, they moved the account to a new server, however, when using the down-for-me site, I still get more 'site down' notices than 'site up'. Try a couple more times, if you don't mind, but I bet it's still down.

Of course,I sent 3ix the link to this threat to show that this is NOT an issue with my computer. They keep asking for my IP which they already have, so they can add it so some list. They did that a couple days ago already, and the site shows up just fine on my end. I've been trying to explain to them that the purpose of the www is not for just me to see this site - I need ANYBODY to be able to access it whthoug them having to clear all the IPs first.

Apparently, I'm dealing with idiots and they don't get it.

I've been dealing with this issue for 3 days now.

There's a nice site: http://loads.in/

Shows page loading times, altho dunno how reliable the results are... Shows that page as loading in 2.7 sec, which is average, it's not fast but it's not slow either.

Looking at the waterfall chart, it shows that the images that are hotlinked and hosted from Paypal.com are the major components delaying full page load.

You can probably just save those images and reference them from your server instead of Paypal.com which would speed up your page load by about 1 second which is around 40% :)

Thanks everyone - I think they finally fixed it. I'd really like to move the site, but dealing with the client about that is an issue, too - I'll leave well enough alone and keep a close eye on them.

Good point, BeeDev.