How do I stop Autoplay after 1 loop

virtual

I am using a fade transition which I have set to auto loop, but I would like it to stop after one loop. What do I need to change or add to the following JS. I have tried lots of different things but nothing has worked for me so far. Thanks for any help.

// autoplay
var autoPlayTimer;
function restartPlay(){
	stopPlay();

if (options.autoPlay)
		autoPlayTimer = setTimeout(function(){
				go(curIdx<elementsCount-1? curIdx+1: 0);
				restartPlay();
			}, 
			options.delay + options.duration
		);
};
function stopPlay(){
	if (autoPlayTimer) clearTimeout(autoPlayTimer);
	autoPlayTimer = null;
};

function forceGo(event, index){
	stopPlay();
	event.preventDefault();
	go(index)
	restartPlay();		
}

Stef, that sounds really simple for someone who understands the language, but could you possibly explain that in English or preferably Javascript to me?

JS is like Chinese to me, I don't speak or write it and am just barely able to implement it. My brain doesn't work that way unfortunately (even after several courses) although I am fluent in several human languages.

But thank you for your time and for replying.

Perhaps you can post the full code that you are using, or a include a link (or PM it to me directly) so I can see the page in action? It seems a little silly to have this autoloop functionality if you only need it to loop once. I'm betting the entire javascript could be rewritten to be a lot simpler, but I can't really tell with this small snippet.

Stef, that sounds really simple for someone who understands the language, but could you possibly explain that in English or preferably Javascript to me?

JS is like Chinese to me, I don't speak or write it and am just barely able to implement it. My brain doesn't work that way unfortunately (even after several courses) although I am fluent in several human languages.

But thank you for your time and for replying.

Ooops, sorry about that. Do you want a copy of the Javascript basics course? Let me know ... better yet, do you have a subscription to the killer video library? Let me know I will set it up.

Since Ben is on it, I will leave it to Ben.

Perhaps you can post the full code that you are using, or a include a link (or PM it to me directly) so I can see the page in action? It seems a little silly to have this autoloop functionality if you only need it to loop once. I'm betting the entire javascript could be rewritten to be a lot simpler, but I can't really tell with this small snippet.

Yep ... I agree. I just wasn't sure if you had some nuanced scenario that I was not considering - basically, you don't need to run a loop if the action has to executed only once. Loops are for repeating something many times.

Stefan