My Designing Work

henrylayla

As a general rule, I tend to stay away from "design contests." In my mind, it devalues the work of designers, since clients end up paying a very small amount for a very large amount of work, and 99% of the designers end up putting time in for very little gain. The focus tends to be on the aesthetics of the logo itself, rather than who the client is and how the logo best fits their audience and the client's personal identity. That aside...

It's hard to give design criticism in a vacuum -- without an understanding of who the client is and what it was about the client you were trying to express in the logo, I can't really give accurate feedback.

One thing I will comment on -- I'm not sure how readable the "High Impact" logo is. The gradient is a bit hard on the eyes. I'm also unsure if "high impact" is supposed to be a tagline or the company name, or if "SC" (and "O" in the target?) is actually intended to be the company name. In my mind, if someone can't easily determine the name of the company in the logo, the logo needs work.

I don't think we should not be too quick to judge these design contests. Some online platforms are serious about graphic design and pay good money for it. Regarding understanding client requirements, there are detailed project briefs available for designers. They provide them with the information they need to get started.

I must admit that I have improved as a designer by participating in these contests. These logos above are just some of the logos I have created. I got $750 for one of them. Not bad for 2 days work.

53 Views and only one reply common guys!

See: "It's hard to give design criticism in a vacuum -- without an understanding of who the client is and what it was about the client you were trying to express in the logo, I can't really give accurate feedback."

If you explain a little about each client and what you were trying to accomplish, it would allow us to provide better feedback.

Thanks guys for the comments.

I'm still new to the graphic design field and only started participating in these logo design contests a few months back. I still have a lot to learn and I know that I can create better designs than the ones I posted here. I just wanted to show you guys some of my work and get your feedback, recommendations or suggestions.