Suggestions for new video tutorials?

Hi,

Well we are about to start a new round of video tutorial creation and I was wondering if you all had any suggestions?

Ben just finished the Building a CMS series and we have a CSS list and Navigation video coming out this week or next that does NOT use Dreamweaver.

Some ideas:

I am putting together a series on SEO that I should start recording this week. So far, I have 41 parts written up.

I am now considering the following:

- Beginners Illustrator.

- iPad and iPhone development for web designers.

- More wordpress based courses - say on plug-in creation?

Any suggestions anyone?

Stefan

Hello Stefan! I'm glad you posted that question!

First

- i think some screencasts about how to create a wordpress plugin would be great. It's a must.

- A series about a well established e-commerce cms is another must. I hear OpenCart is one of the finest software out there.

That's from me .. for now :D

Hello Stefan! I'm glad you posted that question!

First

- i think some screencasts about how to create a wordpress plugin would be great. It's a must.

- A series about a well established e-commerce cms is another must. I hear OpenCart is one of the finest software out there.

That's from me .. for now :D

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We will see what people say over the next few days.

Stefan

I created basic SQL videos a long time ago. We have a complete course on it too - MySQL and PHP:

Course Contents:

Database Basics

What is MySQL - an introduction

Connecting PHP and MySQL parts 1-4

PHPMyAdmin parts 1-2

SQL Basics and Statements parts 1-6

Advanced SQL - Join Queries

Joins and Constraints

Many to Many relationships

Building SQL Views

Count statements

Timestamps, dates and ordering records

Backup and restore databases

MySQL built-in search

• 6 months later...

2 thumbs up for s wordpress plugin creation video series. I am still writing procedural code for my wp plugins so it would be really cool if

you could release a practical video course on "How to Pimp your wordpress plugins with OOP & MVC design patterns". :)

Merry Xmas btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love a tutorial for implementation of jqgrid in an MVC php project. I have taken Ben's course on the OOP MVC project and expanded upon it. But I keep going back to bad procedural habits when I try to implement something such as jqgrid.