Flash on my website

bkg sports

Motion doesn't necessarily make a site better. Would what you have in mind actually increase your site's functionality and add something to its message, or are you just looking to add some motion for the motion's sake?

Motion doesn't necessarily make a site better. Would what you have in mind actually increase your site's functionality and add something to its message, or are you just looking to add some motion for the motion's sake?

Hi, I want to make it more attractive, maybe with some moving features in it

Hi, I want to make it more attractive, maybe with some moving features in it

You mean like those mail boxes with the tongue sticking out for 'email me' that every site had in the mid-90s?

Most Web surfers are busy people with short attention spans looking for information.

A simple message will penetrate faster than one that is complex or complicated so keep it simple.(I left out the stupid part).

I do understand you want some cool factor, weight it carefully!

1. Every time someone visits your site they have to sit through it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm new to this forum but I wonder how many people have read the Two Dumbest Questions post.

Will the addition of Flash elements supply the customer with what he really wants?

Will the addition of it cause him any problems?

After we answer these 2 questions then we can proceed. I agree that well designed and well worded sites have a distinct advantage MOST of the time but sometimes Flash elements do help but please not the Smiley Face with the tongue sticking out.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest santosutd

I am beginner in web designing field. I don’t know how to design a flash site. Please suggest some tutorial of flash site so I can take some ideas.

Edited by Andrea
Link Deleted - No Spam Please

• 3 weeks later...

Divya, the purpose of this community is to provide public solutions to problems so other people with the same issue can benefit from the answers, not so solicit business.

In addition to that, it's never a good idea to publish email addresses like that - unless you're looking for a whole lot of SPAM!!

I believe you have two options if you already have a website.

1. Replace the website with a flash or combination site including flash

2. Add a flash file within your existing site.

I will assume that you just want to update the existing site and want more movement (interest). The comments made previous to this are all relevant on the design, but assuming that you still want to add the Flash then here goes.

Flash files that have great imagery can be purchased from many place search for Flash templates

I am not the super techie, but to embed them into a site you need to have a .swf extension rather than the .fla file extension from the source file.

Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

If you just want to make your website attractive (with no other reason in mind) I would not recommend adding a bit of flash here and there. Especially if you don't know how to use flash, any tutorial or free file that you could find, I am sure it would be to basic to give the effect you have in mind

I friend of mine added flash to a html/css website (at University) simply to show that he could do it, buy the end result was very bad. So unless you really know what you doing, dont bother

I personally like the websites that use flash to be 100% flash.

Then again javascript can give you enough "moving features" to make the pages look very attractive and (in my opinion) bits of JavaScript in a CSS &HTML site work better than a bit of flash