My FTP program (WS_FTP) won't transfer the files?

Hello all, weird one here. I've transferred files a few thousand times over the years without a glitch. But now it seems I can't. It's weird, it transfers the files, I mean it shows that they are transferred, but when I go to the URL it is not there. Nor can I update any files. I'm logged in. I've also logged out and logged back in multiple times. Closed and reopened the program. Has this ever happen to you? If I don't fix it today I will just call costumer support tomorrow.

Sounds like calling customer support is your best option -- I'm betting it is an issue on their end.

Just to double check, have you tried a different FTP program? You might consider installing FireFTP (an FTP plugin for Firefox) or something else, and just make sure it isn't related to your specific FTP program for some reason. If nothing else, that will be another thing you can mention to customer support, since I am betting they will ask you about that.

I've had this happen before, but only with the index file. turned out the Host had added some hack-protection that would not allow anyone, including the account owner, to update the index files. NOT a convenient way to build websites, and they fixed it, but still, PITA

Hello all, weird one here. I've transferred files a few thousand times over the years without a glitch. But now it seems I can't. It's weird, it transfers the files, I mean it shows that they are transferred, but when I go to the URL it is not there. Nor can I update any files. I'm logged in. I've also logged out and logged back in multiple times. Closed and reopened the program. Has this ever happen to you? If I don't fix it today I will just call costumer support tomorrow.

Hi Eric, I have Ws_Ftp32 and it has done that before to me too.

Sometimes if I do a System Restore on my Computer... and set the computer back to a date when it was working properly, it fixes it. Sometimes though before doing that if I entirely turn off my computer then back on again, it will work. Another thing is when my website had that Linux it was always messing up like that, till finally I got sick of it and called GoDaddy which is my web hosting providers and they removed it for me.

• 11 months later...