Jump to content
Stef's Coding Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anna Hussie

In CSS language, what is a "wrapper"?

Recommended Posts

Well in the real world a "wrapper" as it's name implies is something that wraps around an object and contains it e.g. "wrapping paper" In CSS it is exactly the same thing, but if you want to name it "hoodad" you can.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to expand on what @virtual said above, it is often a div that surrounds the rest of the code in your site, often used to center the site on the screen. For example:


	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

       <div id="wrapper">
                 ... additional divs and content here...


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...