FireFox and IE

Larry Swan

I have completed the dreamweaver CS5 course and the css course and all this time I have been checking my sites out in Firefox but my wife likes IE and all of a sudden not to my knowledge my css isn't working in IE. Does anybody know a quick fix or do I need to learn a whole new language?

Mr Washington

None of the above.

IE sucks with standards, but they are improving. Always check with a good browser like FX or Safari. When you have it as you want it, then worry about IE. If it does not work right it is their fault, but the next version of IE will show it much better.

What it comes down to is, does it look OK? Is it usable? If so, do not sweat it.

All browsers are written by different teams who understand the standards differently, there will always be differences. Don't sweat the small stuff if it works and is presentable.

If it is really messed up we will need more info to help. What version of CSS? What is happening, leave the address (with blanks please) so any helpers can check it out online.