- Getting an image to always sit on top of sticky footer -

brysonprice

If you did that then the upper portion of the character would probably be cut off because of the fact that the footer is fixed at the bottom of the browser. It may look fine for those that have higher resolution but since 1024 resolution still dominates (or similar settings for widescreen) it would definately chop it off at the top.

However, if you want to try this (it still will not solve the problem I mentioned above) you can move your character image to withing the containing div of the footer and then apply position to place that character exactly where you want it.

Also keep in mine that the sticky (fixed) footer position does not behave the same way as IE. You might check your work in all major browsers, Firefox, IE8, IE7, Safari and Chrome.

If you did that then the upper portion of the character would probably be cut off because of the fact that the footer is fixed at the bottom of the browser. It may look fine for those that have higher resolution but since 1024 resolution still dominates (or similar settings for widescreen) it would definately chop it off at the top.

However, if you want to try this (it still will not solve the problem I mentioned above) you can move your character image to withing the containing div of the footer and then apply position to place that character exactly where you want it.

Also keep in mine that the sticky (fixed) footer position does not behave the same way as IE. You might check your work in all major browsers, Firefox, IE8, IE7, Safari and Chrome.

Eddie,

So is it impossible to achieve what I'm trying to achieve? To me, it seems like it shouldn't be this hard to do what I want : /

For example, the website below has a footer at the bottom and the page scrolls nicely (and nothing gets cut off). Why couldn't I do something similar, except replace all the info with my cartoon?

my link

Edited by brysonpice