flash menu linking question?

Hello,

Someone else built this site a long time ago and I am cleaning it up. I have a flash menu (with html backup) that is embedded on each page. I put this menu into a php include. All good! But this morning I realized that each page has a different .swf called in the menu (e.g. home.swf, learning.swf, etc). All the links seem to still work fine however. So it seems to be the same menu on each page. I dont know enough about flash (nor have a flash editor to see) to know whats going on in the swf exactly. So why would the original web dev have a seperate swf for each page? Do I need each one? So do I need to take it out of the include? Or can I just use one single swf file for the menu? Guesses welcome. Thanks!

Example of my include...

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="250" height="400">
		<param name="movie" value="aboutus.swf">
		<param name="wmode" value="opaque">
		<!--[if !IE]>-->
		<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="aboutus.swf" width="250" height="400">
		<param name="wmode" value="opaque">
		<!--<![endif]-->
		alt content
		<!--[if !IE]>-->
		</object>
		<!--<![endif]-->
		</object>

Edited by Eric

It's possible that the original developer simply didn't know what they were doing. I ran across this just recently -- worked on a site where the developer didn't seem to understand that you could enclose an image with link tags, so they image mapped everything instead of using simple <a> tags...

If it's working fine with one menu, it's probably safe to assume that they are all the same. Are they all the same file size? You can always make a backup of the duplicate menus, and put it back in place if something comes up.

Might pay attention to menu's current state.

Yes your right Eddie. Thank you. I came to that conclusion also. Amazing I missed that originally. Now I'm working on keeping it in the include but calling the separate links. Might want to save this snippet for later... http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/php-34/different-linked-files-same-php-include-743592.html#post4836875