Keywords for SEO's

daddyalfie

In the ongoing saga of my client's efforts to increase the traffic to his site via "keywords" he posed the following question to me:

If we use "Lake Lure cabin rentals" is that the same as using the words separately?"

i.e. "lake lure" and "cabin" and "rentals"?

My first reaction would be to use "Lake Lure" and "Cabin rentals"

Any thoughts?

Alfie

You can simply use all of them in your content by doing something like this:

Vacationing at Lake Lure is a fisherman's dream providing secluded cabins situated on the lake. Lake Lure cabin rentals comes equipped with all the accommodations that includes..blah...blah...blah... and beautiful sceneries that will surely take your breath away. Our cabin rentals at Lake Lure can house 2, 4, 6 and 8 people with..blah...blah..blah.

Same holds true if for other possible use such as: Lake Lure catfish; catfish at Lake Lure; fishing at Lake Lure; Lake Lure camping; and so on.

As for meta tag, I don't use them much but you can add phrases in your meta keyword tag and sentences within the meta description tag. However, there are limits as to how many characters that a spider will read. If my memory serves me correctly I believe there is a 160 character limit for descriptions and 70 for title. I don't think Google even mess with meta keyword tag but some search engine might use them and I do not believe there is any limite to how many words you can have. On that note, the overuse of keywords my hurt you thus keep you from being indexed. Just make sure that anything words, title and description that you use are relavant to that page.

• 1 month later...

A Meta Phrase is always best. People will not say Rentals or they will be swamped. People (Like me) would want "Rental cabins on Lake Lure", if that is in the Meta tag (The smaller search engines who still use them or Google and Co. when they go back to them by changing their algorithims again) would key into that phrase faster than single words.

That said making the title the most likely searched for term will help as well as key words as explained above.

Personally I would go with mine rather than "Lake Lure cabin rentals" as it seems more human.

• 3 months later...

Very excellent answer and I thank you. I have forwarded my question and your answer to my client. Now it is up to him as to how he will respond.

Are you in the wrong thread? What question?

• 1 month later...

Increasing traffic to their sites is usually a major goal of website owners, especially if the website features advertising or offers products for sale. Proper keyword use for search engine optimization or SEO can increase website traffic without the expense of advertising. So it will be better to use all the words altogether.