Spry Menu Bar

I have been learning web design through the Complete Webdesign videos. I am at Dreamweaver Chapter 7 Part 1 - Inserting Flash and rollover image. However, I am encountering a problem which I tried researching myself. When I open the Dreamweaver Template file - stitchintime.dwt, it gives me an error message that says:

The document contains Javascript code for a widget

that no longer exists. If you don't remove the code, the

browser might display Javascript errors when loading the page. Would you like Dreamweaver to find all instances of the code for you?

Widget: var MenuBar1 = new

Spry.Widget.MenuBar("Menubar1",

{imgDown:"../SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarDownHover.gif",

imgRight:"../SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarRightHover.gif"})

See attached, screenshot of error message

I have since realized that the stitchintime.dwt that was downloaded, the codes included the above widget (menu bar 1) and had to delete it.

Also, I followed the video to create the spry menu bar but it did not create the javascript code for it, so the SpryMenuBar.js file was empty and my menu bar was not functioning like it should. I copied the codes from the SpryMenuBar.js file in the other stitchintime file (not stitchintime – start) in Chapter 7 practice files to the empty file. My menu bar now works properly.

Ok, with all that said, my question is why was the script not created because without that other file I would not have known what to do. I need to know what I might have done wrong so that I would know what to do to correct it the next time around.

Thanks

Odessa

DW_error.pdf

I think it is because you deleted the js file that provided the functionality for the Spry widget.

Does that make sense?

... I would do the basic JavaScript tutorial included with the Complete Web Designer package ... Spry, Jquery and others are all based on JavaScript, so knowing JavaScript will make it much easier to use them.

Stefan

I think it is because you deleted the js file that provided the functionality for the Spry widget.

Does that make sense?

... I would do the basic JavaScript tutorial included with the Complete Web Designer package ... Spry, Jquery and others are all based on JavaScript, so knowing JavaScript will make it much easier to use them.

Stefan

Hi Stefan

Thanks for responding

I do understand what you are saying but even before I studied the codes and realize what was happening I constantly received that error whenever I accessed the site. I only deleted it after I created the the menu bar. If you remember when the rollover image was created we had to copy and paste the js in the script folder, well it did not create the code for the spry menu bar at all. I actually copy and pasted the js. code from the completed stitchintime site in order for my menu bar to work properly.

Thanks for your response. I will try the javascript tutorial. I am enjoying your videos.

Odessa