Dreamweaver and CSS

harryd

How can I solve this problem.

When I hide the right side options in dreamweaver to make design area bigger the layout becomes all broken.

Huge margin between header and content and the left column shows top right.

When I keep the working area with all the right side options to be visible everything is fine.

Thanks

What version of Dreamweaver are you using? If you are using CS3 or earlier, it is known to show CSS layouts incorrectly -- you really can't trust what you see in Design View, you have to view it in a browser instead. I don't know if you are working with a css based layout or tables based layout, but that may be the problem. Apparently CS4's Design View is much improved.

Otherwise, it may also be that your site is coded incorrectly, so the layout breaks when the browser size changes.

What version of Dreamweaver are you using? If you are using CS3 or earlier, it is known to show CSS layouts incorrectly -- you really can't trust what you see in Design View, you have to view it in a browser instead. I don't know if you are working with a css based layout or tables based layout, but that may be the problem. Apparently CS4's Design View is much improved.

Otherwise, it may also be that your site is coded incorrectly, so the layout breaks when the browser size changes.

I am using CS3 with css layout. When I test in browsers looks fine.

No prob.

As Ben says Design View is notoriously bad in DW3 and before. As long as your page views correctly in different browsers then don't worry about it, and certainly don't use it to design with.

I have one page in a site that doesn't even show up in DW design view.