Top Menu Issue

newseed

Can someone take a look at what I might be missing?

ht tp://lamps.btos tech.com/store/pc/home.asp (remove 2 spaces)

The design/code was integrated to this shopping cart but for whatever reason something is not aligning correctly for the top menu. It displays fine in Firefox and IE7 but not so for IE8. The goal here is to get the top menu (which are text links) to vertically align in the middle whethere it has one or two lines.

You can see my template before integration to the shopping cart and it works fine including IE8:

ht tp://lamps.btos tech.com/sp-temp.htm (remove 2 spaces)

I was able to resolve this problem myself.

To get IE8 to work I ended up giving my anchor tag a display:table-cell along with height: 50px. That put it all into place. However, IE7 just didn't like that and so to fix IE7 I simply did a conditional comment css file and applied the display: inline-block and height: auto. Now all is well.

It's strange though. I never had to do anything like this before but then I don't recall ever trying to make a text-based menu that requires the text to be vertically aligned in the middle.

If anyone has any thoughts or possibly shed some light on why I had to do what I did please let me know.