need help with an newsletter emailer

Guest Dravenm4

Guest Dravenm4

Hey guys I am new to the world off photoshop and dreamweaver websites, but i covered it a little bit in school and i promised a friend i would make a flier

or rather a newsletter for him to send in an email. So i designed it in photoshop, sliced it and saved it for web devices and everything went smooth, so i opened it in dreamweaver and added links to some cheap buttons i made at the bottom and saved it to my hosting server and when i tested it by sending it to myself I can see the pictures and the links work but the slices are all split apart and separated from each other and not together as they should be and i tryd to play with the padding and spacing but to no luck? anyone have any ideas?

Without seeing your code, I can't say why the images are spaced apart.

However, have a look at the HTML Email comments under "General advice regarding HTML emails" here:-

http://www.wickham43.net/formhtmlemail.php

Ignore the top of the page which is a PHP form to send emails.

Check your code against the comments. I hope that helps.

Coding an html email is not the same as coding for a website page. Outlook has the worst support whereas Thunderbird probably the best support.

In order to get the best results you will have to use inline styles so that it appears relatively the same for all email clients. Yeah, it's a pain but that's it in a nutshell.

CSS Support for HTML Email