Who wants to see Jessica Biel's butt?

PicnicTutorials

The title is the warning...

I think lwsimon may have meant a warning on the tutorial page itself -- it isn't very clear. Personally, and I realize that everyone's morals are different, it seems like using that particular picture really isn't absolutely necessary, especially for a coding demo. At the least, you should add a NSFW warning. It just comes across as unprofessional.

The title is the warning...

I think lwsimon may have meant a warning on the tutorial page itself -- it isn't very clear. Personally' date=' and I realize that everyone's morals are different, it seems like using that particular picture really isn't absolutely necessary, especially for a coding demo. At the least, you should add a NSFW warning. It just comes across as unprofessional.[/quote']

Non Suffisient Funds Warning? He-he. Oh, on my pesonal site, I could care less if I offended someone. Whoever would be offended by that picture is a wierdo anyway. I have no want to be mediocker or average. Anything that helps someone (me in this case) stand out from the crowd is a good thing. Espesially in regards to the world wide web! Personally, I'm atracted to others websites when they show a little personality. But, I don't think any of it goes that deep. Jesica Beil is hot, and I like her butt!

Edit - I respect your opinion and enjoy the convo. But as far as being profesional or not. Yes, it's not professional! But, clients aren't googling for "image map with css tooltips", and it's remote possibility at best that they click on that link in that mass of links on that page. So I'm not worried about it.

Edited by Eric

You're missing the point, Eric. Since you are sharing the links to your tutorials so others will look, it would just be a courtesy to post a NSFW warning since some people might be at work when viewing. It's not necessarily that you might offend them, but some people could get into trouble for viewing things like that at work. ;)

No offense was intended - I clicked the link expecting a static image, which would have been fine -- but I thought the better of watching that animated gif for extended periods on my work PC.

I work in a corporate environment, as I'm sure some of your other visitors do, and things that are acceptable and fun at home are very much not acceptable at work.

No offense was intended - I clicked the link expecting a static image, which would have been fine -- but I thought the better of watching that animated gif for extended periods on my work PC.

I work in a corporate environment, as I'm sure some of your other visitors do, and things that are acceptable and fun at home are very much not acceptable at work.

And besides that, some of us may not have any personal problem with it, but might have significant others who don't appreciate it as much as we do. :P

Man now look what I started. No offense taken Lydsay. Sorry if I implied otherwise. I now understand your position. I've always been self imployed, so I guess I failed to take into account the other side of things.

I obvously could have used a borring picture of some rabits like the other guy did in the other tut. But that's not me - I try hard not to run with the crowd. That's probably why, out of nesesity, I'm self imployed. Me and boses don't mix well.

Oh wow, I must have a real, err, fruity mind. I mean, while her butt wasn't swinging all that much (for my taste), an even wicked(er) thought had crossed my mind...

How about instead of having an arrow highlighting a tool-tip, it, err, uncovers a certain area... Roll over, butt hover. Or maybe not. :o:lol::P

Well, this is certainly turning into a fun thread, especially for a roll-over tutorial :P

Seriously huh! But, it's not just a simple rollover demo. That's been done many times before. This one is void of any "hot spots". No text links, images, or boxes in the anchor. That makes IE6/7/8 and opera not work. The only other tut of it's kind, the other tut I linked to, used a 1px by 1px clear gif. But that's not nesesary - only the css code is. Anyway, that makes it mildly unique.

Edited by Eric

For those that care, further testing showed that I was not fully correct. "If" the tootips are being placed over an img in the html then the fake background image is necessary for the tooltips to work. But, if you place the image map image in the CSS rather than in the html, then nothing special is needed. Oh well. still learned something. :/