Site Review

Dantara

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and would like some viewpoints on our web site. The site content was 99% developed by myself and given to a web site developer to put together, launch and host/control (i am useless at the really technical stuff). I have taken the advice of this site and run the validation code for it, and it appears to be littered with errors, there again we do have quite a lot of content. The main area I would like a view point on is the overall look and style and navigation and pointers to improvement which would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

http://ww w.pegasusna tional.com [removes spaces]

Dantara.

Most of the errors seem to relate to the use of the & sign instead of using & (which knowing my luck won't show properly) Basic errors and not checking.

If I have checked with the correct design company they say they are using valid HTML and theirs doesn't validate. If you are paying for validation, it should validate.

Tend to agree with the others that it should be centered, does tend to be a bit easier on the eye.

Never mind coding errors at this stage - the main question now is about usability.

First thing : can you easily update your content? If you can, ask your designer just to give the "Main layout table" width (about 900px) and to align this table in a center. If they need help with it, send them to us :D.

as for the rest - it is a big website and it will need a lot of work to change layout.

Im,

Thanks for the constructive comments. We do have some content management, but only for products and prices, nothing else. I am concious about contacting our web designers for anything as they charge too much, especially in the current climate and they may be suspicious if we ask for even the layout table width. By the way your web site is great.

Dantara.

Edited by Dantara

they may be suspicious if we ask for even the layout table width.

It could be a good find to my QOTD page really :D

Who are your designers: police or tax services?

I guess you have a few possibilities now - learn how to code;

try to fix at least table width to fixed and center it (with our help, by yourself);

or leave it like it is now, and when regular update time will come, ask your designer to fix layout as well.