CSS Layout issue

Guest jimbnc

Hey everyone,

I am respectfully requesting some help on an issue that I am having. I have a simple CSS layout. I have a accordian menu script from Dynamic Drive.com which is located on the side of the homepage. However the content of the site is below the accordian menu and I cannot get it to the center of the homepage. The sites content also moves when the accordian menu is expanded. My question is, is there something im missing..I have been reading lynda.com tutorials and know the answer is in front of me? Maybe im just tired and missing the solution. Thanks and any help or reply to steer me in the right direction is greatly appreciated...the url is located below for yu to look at the example...

http://www.brilesmedia.com/members/test2.html

thanks jimmy b

This works, but I don't really like your page structure, so it's just a quick fix:-

Edit the style in the head section of the test page to make it position: absolute which takes it out of the normal flow of the other codes (adjust the top position if not correct):-

.glossymenu{

position: absolute; top: 365px; left: 50%; margin-left: -85px;

padding: 0;

width: 170px; /*width of menu*/

border: 1px solid #9A9A9A;

border-bottom-width: 0;

margin-top: 5px;

margin-right: 0px;

margin-bottom: 5px;

/*margin-left: 20px;*/

}

Edited by Wickham

Your code is a total mess - you have a second doctype thrown in the middle of your body, several body tags, a random assortment of tables, a mix of upper and lower-case tags (that's not a problem in itself, but will cause you problems for sure - stick to lower case tags!)