Why take so much pain for old browsers?

mzsade

I am still struggling with CSS blocks and positioning, but after seeing all the troubles taken by the experts, in almost all the good tutorials over this "older browser" thingy, makes me scream out, "get the latest open source browser, bozos, it's not as if it's going to cost you!" Of course, there has to be something that i don't get, regardless of whatever that is, i feel your pain and do hereby scream...

I am still struggling with CSS blocks and positioning, but after seeing all the troubles taken by the experts, in almost all the good tutorials over this "older browser" thingy, makes me scream out, "get the latest open source browser, bozos, it's not as if it's going to cost you!" Of course, there has to be something that i don't get, regardless of whatever that is, i feel your pain and do hereby scream...

I hear you scream and I am with you totally. The brower thing has been beating my head against the brick Wall.

However, even though it is free to upgrade your browser many people that visit your site are not able to because they visit it on their work computer, and speaking from personal experience, they are blocked from doing things like upgrading browsers etc, it needs to be something done as a whole by somebody in their computer department at head office and it really isn't a priority for most of them.

However, I only try and do things for IE7 upwards I use the http://www.ie6nomore.com/ site to tell IE6 people to upgrade and if they don't or can't then they will have to live with a website that probably looks a bit out of shape or doesn't function as well as it could on a more modern browser.