move a large file database f

dianikol85

I believe that PHP allows you to choose to export specific tables rather than the full database - that's how I would handle it. Instead of creating one giant export file, create a couple smaller files for individual table(s).

That assumes, of course, that you don't have one giant table that holds all 40 MB of data...

I believe that PHP allows you to choose to export specific tables rather than the full database - that's how I would handle it. Instead of creating one giant export file, create a couple smaller files for individual table(s).

That assumes, of course, that you don't have one giant table that holds all 40 MB of data...

Unfortunately one of the tables is 35mb which is about 3000 records.

Some hosting will allow you to set your own file size limit. If not, you are probably going to have to export that 35mb table and manually divide them up to be small enough to import them one at a time but I am unsure if you can do this with phpmyadmin muchless split them at all. If this is the case then you might contact your hosting provider to see if they will increase you upload limit or maybe they can upload it for you.

Partioning your tables might help using either horizontal or vertical.

Otherwise, I have heard people having great success with Navicat.com instead on phpmyadmin but I do not know if it will resolve your issue.