Can I have different colors for hyperlinks on the same page?

Baggy

I can see the first area(s) I want to try to 'tidy', which is to equalise the spaces around the 3 main images in between the top 2 nav bars:

#leftheading { background-image: url(http://www.shirefinancial.co.uk/new_work/images/left-pen.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center top; display: inline; margin: 0 4px 0 0; width: 245px; height: 200px; float: left; padding: 0; }

#centerheading { background-image: url(http://www.shirefinancial.co.uk/new_work/images/middle-montage.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center top; display: inline; margin: 0 2px 0 0; padding: 0; width: 250px; height: auto; float: left; }

#rightheading { background-image: url(http://www.shirefinancial.co.uk/new_work/images/right-money.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center top; display: inline; margin: 0; padding: 0; width: 245px; height: auto; float: right; }

It seems there's a 4px spacing between the first and second image but a 2px spacing between second and third (is that right - 'cos it looks to be the other way round when viewed in Firefox?). Suppose I equalise these at 4px - how do I save/apply that please?

Next thing, is these images have more background colour showing above them than below - I would like to equalise that too but there doesn't seem to be any px figures showing for this?

Have been trying a few things and have got the spacings at the top of the page about right now (can't quite get the spacings/position of the headings on the top nav quite right).

I'm going to move on a bit now and see if I can install some detail in the side nav.

to Baggy:

If you want to save the changes in the Css file:

in Firefox click Edit CSS, make your changes and click on a Save icon on a bar ( right below Edit CSS sign).

I will have more time tomorrow to help you move things around and may be somebody else today can answer you.

Hi lm - I have managed to adjust most of the stuff at the top of the page and have saved the style.css file. So far so good!

The titles in the top nav aren't spaced quite as I'd like but can't quite fathom that one yet.

Still, I shall 'make haste slowly' and try to look at some of the tutorial stuff.

cheers

Why are you inserting a table - are you displaying tabular data? If not, use divisions.

Listen closely to Thelma above! I believe she is cautioning you about using a "table" for a menu. As you will find in here, a menu is a LIST! Not a table.

Try that avenue and I think you will find a solution.

Keep cranking! And keep posting questions in here. You will soon get to recognize the authoritative members in here. (Not me. I am just a beneficiary of this forum.)

Good luck, and good coding!

Alfie

WOW! Does DreamWeaver really add all that useless code?

@Baggy: please learn some basic knowledge of html coding

I truly believe that learning "hand coding" is a lot easier than wrestling with code generated by any WYSISWYG program.

Please do check out the "killersites" tutorials at http://www.killersites.com/videoTutorials/videoTutorial.jsp#WEBDESIGN

You will be a much improved web designer

Alfie

to Baggy,

Now you got a grip of how to make quick CSS changes live in browser, lets do the top navigation part.

This is your HTML for it:

Home

Morgages
Calculators
News
Contact Us

Now look in your CSS file following selectors:

#navcontainer

#navlist

Changing left padding for #navcontainer will move all list of links to right or left.

Now find this selector:

#navlist li:

#navlist li          { margin-right: 50px; list-style-type: none; display: inline; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; padding-right: 3px  }

Change value of margin-right to 60px and your buttons will spread more even through the bar.

( You are a quick learner so read w3school tutorial and study your template on a go for the time being).

Sorry - another question:

before I get into adding a lot of content, I want to finish the appearance and I feel it would look better if the page Body had a graded shadow down each side.

I have read so many threads and articles on this but just cannot find the way to do it. Can someone advise please?