PHP Web Application SaaS

jbwebdesign

Hello, I have just developed a PHP web based Software. I have completed the entire application but now am thinking about selling it as a service.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I should validate it?

For Example: I charge a monthly fee for this PHP web based application but I don't want to host it on my server.

I want the User To Buy the script and install it on their hosting account but at the same time I need a way for the script to connect from their hosting account to the database on my host in order for me to check if the user registration code has paid for the service or not.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I would go about doing this?

If it has an installation step, then put it on there.

Depends on whether you're doing it username based or URL based license, so you can make a page on your host to receive a HTTP post with username/license code/url and check the data and HTTP post something back to the page where it came from.

It's too dangerous to distribute a script with your database host/username/password on it.

If it has an installation step, then put it on there.

Depends on whether you're doing it username based or URL based license, so you can make a page on your host to receive a HTTP post with username/license code/url and check the data and HTTP post something back to the page where it came from.

It's too dangerous to distribute a script with your database host/username/password on it.

That sounds like the best way to do things....

I didn't even think about doing this URL based but That actually sounds like the best solution for me :)

Thanks for the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have just developed a PHP web based Software. I have completed the entire application but now am thinking about selling it as a service.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I should validate it?

For Example: I charge a monthly fee for this PHP web based application but I don't want to host it on my server.

I want the User To Buy the script and install it on their hosting account but at the same time I need a way for the script to connect from their hosting account to the database on my host in order for me to check if the user registration code has paid for the service or not.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I would go about doing this?

How will you prevent the buyer from just ripping the code that is supposed to connect validate then turn the exec off?

Only way I see you doing this is by hosting it on your server. Unless you are planning of having each page encrypted then having the server decrypting it via a key they only can get from your server when and if they are validated by your server... if so then make sure it's a key that changes, But then again it would mean that each page of code would be one connection to your server.. so make sure that doesn't create loading time and angry costumers.