SLICE LINES SHOWING ON WEBSITE

audivid

Hello, I am designing my first site and everything seemed to be going smooth until I noticed that my slice marks were showing on my website. I use photoshop to create the slices. They really show if you zoom in or out. Why is this happening? is there a code that I am missing or did I slice the proper way? My site is www.ksrvideoproductions.com. THanks in advance

That's not really the best way to create a website. What are your goals - to learn how to properly do this or just come up with one site? For just one site, you might be better of using a template or something like Wordpress.

The images themselves seem to have black slice marks in them. So you must have a black background color in your psd design. You should either have a transparent background or the same color as your website background color (grey in your case). To make it easier to cut accurately around the image turn snap on. Go to view -> snap.

Also it is not good practice to create a site using a table layout. Even though photoshop offers this option. Its better to use a div layout, there are some tutorials out there to help you.

http://creativenerds.co.uk/tutorials/30-tutorials-on-converting-a-psd-to-xhtml-and-css/

And again its also not good practice to make the text in your website as an image file. Even if its just the navbar and the footer info. This is because search engines cannot see the text in the image. Once again this is easy to do with divs.

Edited by jp612

If you want to properly learn this, you should read/view some beginners tutorials. Yes, Dreamweaver can do divisions, but there's a difference between letting its editor write code for you 'unsupervised' or if you write it yourself.