Quick Question~

Guest Moorebaby

Guest Moorebaby

Hello!

I am totally new here :D I have been working on some html and css for a while now and I want to start playing around more with making a website for my daughter. My simple is where is a good, free place to take my html and such to see how it will look? I have typed up some layouts in notepad and want to test it out.. i know I can open with my browser and see how it looks but I want to actually put it on a website but i do not want to pay a monthly fee just to play around..andi dont want to just add it to a myspace or a site like that, I rather be able to start from scratch and make it (make sense?) I guess really my question is where can I join for free to paste my layout and see how it would really look on a website?

Thanks for your time and any anwsers you can offer me :D

What you look at in the browser is what it will "really look like" on a website. It will not change between your local machine and putting it on a server.

Basically, you're asking, what is a good free host? Take a look here: http://www.free-webhosts.com/webhosting-01.php for some comparisons. Personally, I really haven't ever found a good free host (due to ads, spam, no customer service, etc), and since you can get hosting for $5 or less a month, free hosting doesn't make all that much sense.

What you look at in the browser is what it will "really look like" on a website. It will not change between your local machine and putting it on a server.

...........except when using Dreamweaver, apparently, as it sometimes doesn't display the code correctly until you look at it in IE, Firefox, etc. (locally or online) but otherwise the comment is true.

I still find freewebs.com not bad for testing layouts directly online ( you can open your uploaded files, edit, save them and see how they look right away.) They do require some to small banner but you always can place it at the bottom of your layout or in a footer.

Also, there is atspace.com (some members here did use it) and it seems even better ( with PHP support)