DW help with layout

newtothis

Thanks to all that have helped me so far. I have been working with DW for several weeks, watching videos and trying with much frustration to get my layout right.

I can't start anything else with CSS until my layout is perfect. Yet I am having the most difficult time putting the menus where they need to go and adding the columns. I am attaching a copy of the layout (very simple) would anyone be willing to help me with what I need to do with it in Dreamweaver. I'm sure this is simple to someone with more experience! I just keep adding padding or margins or positioning changes but the columns and menu bars never seem to go where I want them. I am stuck as I can't do anything else until this is fixed! I'm attaching a Jpg (pdf is acting funny) of a mock layout from PS.

The three columns at the bottom, the left column image will have text relating to it at the bottom, the middle column will be an interactive calendar (still looking how to do this) and the right column will also be an image (probably flash) with text relating below!

I think it is basically a three column layout in general... just a different version of it, but I just cannot for the life of me get it to look in DW as it does in PS.

Any help with how I need to do this would be so appreciated! I feel so stuck right now!

post-30010-031761400 1291358559_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all that have helped me so far. I have been working with DW for several weeks, watching videos and trying with much frustration to get my layout right.

I can't start anything else with CSS until my layout is perfect. Yet I am having the most difficult time putting the menus where they need to go and adding the columns. I am attaching a copy of the layout (very simple) would anyone be willing to help me with what I need to do with it in Dreamweaver. I'm sure this is simple to someone with more experience! I just keep adding padding or margins or positioning changes but the columns and menu bars never seem to go where I want them. I am stuck as I can't do anything else until this is fixed! I'm attaching a Jpg (pdf is acting funny) of a mock layout from PS.

The three columns at the bottom, the left column image will have text relating to it at the bottom, the middle column will be an interactive calendar (still looking how to do this) and the right column will also be an image (probably flash) with text relating below!

I think it is basically a three column layout in general... just a different version of it, but I just cannot for the life of me get it to look in DW as it does in PS.

Any help with how I need to do this would be so appreciated! I feel so stuck right now!

Create three divs and use float for the first three columns, then have a clear all div and repeat the process again, all inside a wrapper div. Either that or use absolute positioning for all columns, the first way is probably the best method though.

If you are using firefox there's a handy extension called firebug were you can modify the source code in the browser. I've found it brilliant for tweaking and getting css right.