Adding mysql functionality to Cart tutorial

btravis08

I recently purchased the video tutorial and went through the xml portion without any issues. However, i have gone through the mysql revisions to the existing code many times with absolutely no success.

I have gone back through the videos and copied down exactly what was written. I even went so far as to create the exact same database in phpmyadmin.

These are the errors i receive. Its interesting too, because its looking for PASTA01 which was your example id from the xml. But I have completely crossed over to the sql side and don't have the value PASTA01 anywhere in my database. Whats going on?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'item not found: PASTA01' in /home/content/s/t/u/studentid/html/ppal/functions/functions.php:60 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/s/t/u/studentid/html/ppal/classes/ShoppingCart.php(32): get_item_cost('PASTA01') #1 /home/content/s/t/u/studentid/html/ppal/functions/templates.php(140): ShoppingCart->GetItemCost('PASTA01') #2 /home/content/s/t/u/studentid/html/ppal/functions/templates.php(93): render_shopping_cart_row(Object(ShoppingCart), 'PASTA01', 1) #3 /home/content/s/t/u/studentid/html/ppal/functions/templates.php(171): render_shopping_cart() #4 /home/content/s/t/u/studentid/html/ppal/html/addToCart.php(20): render_paypal_checkout() #5 {main} thrown in /home/content/s/t/u/studentid/html/ppal/functions/functions.php on line 60

When exactly do you get this error? When you try to add something to the cart?

Yep, it would happen when adding items to the cart. I did manage to fix the issue, but I'm still unsure about why it was picking up info from the xml doc. In any case, it works now. Thanks.