How do I add up radio values from form, total and show text response

Guest demarchi

Guest demarchi

Hi,

I have a survey with 19 questions, each with radio buttons and different values assigned for each button within each question. I want to add up the values for the button selected in each question (answers from all questions are required), display the total, and then display one of 4 messages based on the total.

Any quick answers or solutions?

Thanks for any help!

Dale DeMarchi

Sounds like you either need to use Javascript or PHP/ASP.NET for this. Only downside to Javascript is that it can be turned off, so it can't really be relied upon if you absolutely need it for functionality.

In either case, you'll need to grab the form values when the form is submitted, do the appropriate math, do an if statement to check what the total holds, and redisplay the page with the correct message.

I'm a bit better with PHP than I am with javascript, so if you decide to go with PHP, I may be able to help with that. With Javascript I would have to do a bit of research, but it shouldn't be that difficult.