Blog on website

oggyswain

I have a client that has a blog with blogger.com. At the moment they have a tab that takes you from there site to there blog. How can I get the blog to show on one of there web pages.

At the moment the blog content is having no effect on there SEO because it is not on there website.

Any ideas?

When you have a site like blogger.com that is hosting your blog it is their benefit when it comes to SEO. I suggest one of two things:

1. Check with blogger.com to see if they have any plugin, code or something that will allow you to extract post snippets and have them show up on your site's domain. I seriously doubt they would have anything like that.

or

2. Set up your own blog on your own domain using Wordpress.

Self hosting blogs, ecommerce stores, etc are for the benefit of the one who provides such services. Not to say that it's a bad service but just not ideal for those that have their own domain in which they want all the traffic to come thru it.

If you choose to self-host your own blog then the other thing to keep in mind is the traffic to the new blog on your own domain. You will have to get those visitors redirected to the new url. If you have a email data list then be sure to notify all your current subscribers of the new blog url location.

Seriously dont use those kind of blogs. Very non-professional plus you loose visitors.....

Define 'those kinds of blogs' please - blogger AND Wordpress are mentioned. Are you referring to both? Why specifically would using them cause the loss of visitors?

Define 'those kinds of blogs' please - blogger AND Wordpress are mentioned. Are you referring to both?

i meant the kind of ready blogs like blogger. NOT wordpress.

Why specifically would using them cause the loss of visitors?

Because they redirect you in a different domain that they belong to the hosting service.

Correct me if i am wrong...