Is there such a thing as a free image?

pb1uk

Hi All,

I've been browsing the web looking for some kind of source of free images. I don't need many, just a handful that I can modify, tweak, change and subsequently use on a couple of sites for personal and business use. So far I can't seem to find any decent sites or image collections available for free, does anyone know of any or any decent sources?

Thanks,

pb1uk

Why yes, quite the few. There are a vast array of free to use images around the web, you just need to look hard enough (which isn't really hard) :lol:

So tell me Pb1uk, what do you have in mind? Is it a background site? Or maybe a site dedicated to renders? Perhaps I can help :)

Hi, thanks for the response.

I have found one or two but the content on them hasn't been great, do you have any links you could share?

Some say they are free but when you get to download an image they aren't and others just try and push towards buying content.

Currently i'm doing a project for an engineering company, pretty boring I know! But need related 'stock' style images of things like power stations, oil rigs, industrial stuff, that kind of thing really.

When i get on to doing my own site i'll be looking for more graphically stylish stuff though

Hi, thanks for the response.

I have found one or two but the content on them hasn't been great, do you have any links you could share?

Some say they are free but when you get to download an image they aren't and others just try and push towards buying content.

Currently i'm doing a project for an engineering company, pretty boring I know! But need related 'stock' style images of things like power stations, oil rigs, industrial stuff, that kind of thing really.

When i get on to doing my own site i'll be looking for more graphically stylish stuff though

I'm afraid I can't help with that to be honest, I never expected it to be this type of field :unsure:

I've always been into broad niches (gaming, anime, etc), so I didn't have trouble finding images for them. Maybe it's not as easy as I expected. Again, I am sincerely sorry for not being able to help :(

I'm afraid I can't help with that to be honest, I never expected it to be this type of field :unsure:

I've always been into broad niches (gaming, anime, etc), so I didn't have trouble finding images for them. Maybe it's not as easy as I expected. Again, I am sincerely sorry for not being able to help :(

Not to worry! It is a fairly specific area. Have found a couple on the site suggested, thank you all for your help