CMSMS - trouble entering db info for install

catfish

I have done this successfully (however not every time without problems) 3 or 4 times. I am doing a new website and setting up CMSmadesimple for the client. I feel I know what I am doing now BUT I GUESS NOT!!

I've created my database (with permissions for the user)

db name: ccccccc

username: aaaaaaa

password: bbbbbbbb

In the past I believe I entered the account name before the db name and username in the fields with _ after (but not the password, like this

db name: catfish_ccccccc

username: catfish_aaaaaaa

Now I have tried so many senarios I don't know what I am doing wrong. I wonder if someone could help me out. Please and Thankyou :(

In the past I believe I entered the account name before the db name and username in the fields with _ after (but not the password, like this

db name: catfish_ccccccc

username: catfish_aaaaaaa

This is usually how I have to set it up. Can you go back into your control panel and look at the database name/user name? I would verify that I have the account name (the part before the _ ) correct.

Thanks Susie;

I checked 30 times probably and just looked again and everything is correct. Very frustrating. If I contact the hosting company would they know anything about CMS to help at all?

I started out with Version 1.5.1 CMS and then tried 1.4.1 because my last site was 1.4.1 and it worked. Obviously this isn't the reason.

Edited by catfish

Success! I phoned the host. With this host I don't need to preceed the username and dbname with anything. It was the host address I had wrong. I had left it default at "localhost" which I had done before on other servers. Thanks for the help. I am so happy!

• 5 weeks later...