What e-commerse cms do you prefer and why??

dianikol85

As the title of this topic said , what e-shop cms do you like the most and why?

I am sure that many beginners here (including me) came up with this question because 30% - 40% of our work maybe is building an e-shop for our clients.

And there are a lot out there:

1) osCommerse

2) Magento

3) VirtueMart for joomla

and many more...

I know a liltle bit of osCommerse, building a new template for learning purposes. I think it is not that difficult to learn it but it looks very old to me and since i like jquery i have hard time to implement my own ideas in OSC.

Maybe Stefan could make a video tutorial series about learning and building a template for his favourite e-shop cms. :D I am pretty sure everyone want it too!!!

So what is your favourite e-shop CMS?? ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I have been developing websites since 2003 and only recently was approached to develop an e-commerce site. I have been hesitant on doing an ecommerce site. About 4 months ago I thought long and hard that if I want to elevate my vast knowledge of web developing then I should at least start learning the art of e-commerce.

I started reading Magento e-book on the ipad, similar platform like Joomla but a Joomla developer I know back home makes it sound much more hard.

I started on a Wordpress Ecommerce Site for a close friend using the Woo Commerce plugin.

• 2 months later...

I have been developing websites since 2003 and only recently was approached to develop an e-commerce site. I have been hesitant on doing an ecommerce site. About 4 months ago I thought long and hard that if I want to elevate my vast knowledge of web developing then I should at least start learning the art of e-commerce.

I started reading Magento e-book on the ipad, similar platform like Joomla but a Joomla developer I know back home makes it sound much more hard.

I started on a Wordpress Ecommerce Site for a close friend using the Woo Commerce plugin.

Wordpress would be be best for starting and building a good elegant E-Commerce Website. But if serious to build a good E-Commerce then you need to use Good specially designed E-Commerce CMS. Magneto is popular E-Commerce CMS. I never used Magneto but using Joomla as it is easy CMS then Magneto.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...