Learning PHP

LenaCa

I have a question about PHP videos on Killersites University and I figured I would ask in the forum, so that others can read about it too. I finished basic PHP videos and now I'm wondering which PHP videos to watch next? I mean, what order to watch them in, like in the order that they appear on the site?

Also, my ultimate goal right now is to design my own Wordpress theme and I've been told that it's helpful to know PHP in order to tweak Wordpress themes. How much PHP should I learn before moving on to my project with Wordpress?

Thank you!!

I would take a look at the Misc PHP Videos -- specifically the ones on conditionals, functions, loops, sessions and debugging.

As long as you cover PHP basics, you should be fine when working with Wordpress. However, the more you know and the more experienced you are, the easier it will be for you to do more advanced customization.

I would take a look at the Misc PHP Videos -- specifically the ones on conditionals, functions, loops, sessions and debugging.

As long as you cover PHP basics, you should be fine when working with Wordpress. However, the more you know and the more experienced you are, the easier it will be for you to do more advanced customization.

Thank you! I think I have another like 10 years to go before I have this stuff down lol

You'll get the hang of it eventually. One thing that is nice about programming languages... Most of them use similar concepts and patterns (loops, conditionals, object-oriented programming, etc), so once you are familiar with one it becomes that much easier to learn another.

For futher reinforcement, I found these videos helpful when I was first learning:

http://phpvideotutorials.com/free

The Diving into PHP series: http://blancer.com/tutorials/77129/who-needs-university-the-best-nettuts-screencast-training-courses/