ReplaceColor

TheEagle

Hi

I was trying to replace a color in a gif image for hours and I get no good result.I only get a gray color after alot of work when I use Image > Adjustments > Replace color It never work as I see in some tutorials ?!

I tried the Color Replace Tool (in the Toolbox) but it was very weak I don't see the color I want?

I have PS2 and PS3 and both gave me the same results.I found many people ask about the same thing over the internet but no clear answer.I hope some one has the answer reply to me...

A .gif file uses "Indexed" color, which means that the image only contains a limited number of colors. Make sure to change your color to RGB (Image > Mode > RGB color) before you use Replace Color, use Replace Color, and then save the file as a .gif with Indexed Color after. This will allow you to change colors within the image.

A .gif file uses "Indexed" color, which means that the image only contains a limited number of colors. Make sure to change your color to RGB (Image > Mode > RGB color) before you use Replace Color, use Replace Color, and then save the file as a .gif with Indexed Color after. This will allow you to change colors within the image.

Thank you for replying to me...

I checked the Image Mode multiple times and I 'm sure it is RGB but I don't remember if it was before indexed or I have changed it :unsure: .

However I tried using the RGB many times then I tried other modes but it was no use.

I will try exactly as you said then tell you about the result.

I opened the gif image and found the image mode on indexed color as you said.Then modify it to RGB color.

Then I opened the Color Replace dialog.Then with EyeDropper tool selected I click on the color I want to change in the image.Then I click the Result Color Square at the right bottom corner of the Replace Color dialog and select the color I want (red).Instead of seeing the image turn into red it turns into dark gray?!

Perhaps you can attach the file you are trying to work with? (http://www.killersites.com/community/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=13&t=3856 - look for the "Attachments" header just below the main inpyt box where you would enter your message.)

Good idea I attached the image:post-27715-028643800 1287590250_thumb.gif

I have other images like this one please if you find how to replace its color tell me how...

I think it has pink color and some white pixels too...

Just to be clear, what color within the image are you trying to change to red?

It seems to me as a user like if it contains two colors white and pink but the pink one may be is changing gradually.

In breif I want the pink color to be changed to red.But it should looks in the same way (gradually red).

Perhaps you can attach the file you are trying to work with? (http://www.killersites.com/community/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=13&t=3856 - look for the "Attachments" header just below the main inpyt box where you would enter your message.)

Please reply to me if it didn't work with you too so I start to use different images and delay working on those for a later project.

I haven't been able to use the replace color tool successfully -- for one reason or another, I can only replace using gray. I think you'll need to use a different method (Hue/Saturation?)

Thank you for your reply and for your great cooperation.I may use standard colors (only red or only white) for the mean time.But this one was good experience anyway...

What about Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop CS5 if any friend have one of them here:Do they give the same result.

Because if they give a better result I'm going to install them.If not of course no need to waste my time one that.The image is attached in one of my posts above.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Dark-Hime

Thank you for your reply and for your great cooperation.I may use standard colors (only red or only white) for the mean time.But this one was good experience anyway...

What about Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop CS5 if any friend have one of them here:Do they give the same result.

Because if they give a better result I'm going to install them.If not of course no need to waste my time one that.The image is attached in one of my posts above.

have you tried using line-art techniques to fix this? such as setting an empty layer above the image after conversion to RGB and setting your blending mode to overlay or multiply? also you could try a new layer and using a red to transparent or red to whatever color you want? this should fix the issue your having.