jQuery Cycle Plugin

Woody

Hello again oh Wizards of the Web!

I'm trying to use the jQuery Cycle Plugin on a new page of my website (view at www.todaystruth.com/NewBSPage.html). I haven't yet linked the rest of the site to this page. The plugin functions as advertised. My problem is that the paragraphs I am cycling are not picking up the CSS I assigned to their respective classes. Am I missing something here? I admit I am a bit new to jQuery. Thanks for any help/advice.

I don't believe you can use a number as the first character in a class name. Validate your document -- I'm pretty sure that will be an error that the validator will point out. You'll need to change your class names in such a way that a number is not the first character of the class.

Correct. Instead of class 1stBox, use Box1, that should do the trick :D

Thanks Ya'll! Actually I remember that I can't use a number as the first character in the classname...but now I remember it MORE!

Now the paragraphs are properly formatted, but not positioned as the CSS calls for. They won't center in the div. I'll try a few more things...but if anyone has a suggestion...??

Thanks again.

Because they are position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;

So they are showing where they have been placed. The text-align: center; is only making the text align in the center of the paragraph it does not place the paragraph within the center of the div.

Where are the paragraphs positioned top:0;left:0;? The position:absolute; applies to the div bSRotaBox, but that positions the DIV, not it's contents, right? And it is positioned at top:510;left:82; I haven't had this problem before. The text-align:center; has always centered the text in the div. What am I missing here? Sorry to be so dense, but I AM just learning. And I AM enrolled in KillerSites Univ. Does the jQuery Cycle Plugin affect the placement?

Missed you other post. I looked in the JS and there is a section which calculates the width and height of images if none is specified. So it would place the image in the top left hand corner. The position absolute for BsRotabox is for the slide container not for the contents.