What changed?

tvanmaren

So, I have a basic shopping cart set up which has been running with no problems for about a month. Recently something changed so that sometimes it doesn't work, and I can't figure out why.

Basically, info is put into a database, the customer is redirected to the payment gateway (authorize.net). Once we have a successful payment, the customer is redirected to a thank you page which has php script to email the database info to our office. Recently, we haven't been getting some of the emails. The information is still stored in the database, but the php isn't sending the email?

My only thoughts are that possibly different browsers blocking the page from redirecting or php from running once it goes there. Did some security feature change recently with a major browser that would block this? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Tim

Do the emails get sent with the customer's email address in the "From" part of the email.

This used to work well with one of my forms and then I got my email account blocked. It's because email providers consider that computer-generated emails which have a different "From" domain from the server domain are spam and are much more likely now to block them.

I changed my forms so that the emails are sent To my address From my address and the customer's email address is put in the message part of the email.

I would say it is a general problem except some are getting through and some aren't, that was why I was guessing it might be a browser issue. The emails are all sent from the same place. The code is pretty basic. Nothing crazy or original. Still a mystery. I'll probably just have to do some rewriting to improve the functionality.