How to integrate shopping cart template into existing website template?

newebster

Hello All,

So I bought and edited a template from ActiveDen, found here and I have managed to alter it and change it to exactly to how I would like it visually. But I would also like to add a shopping cart function to this website. I bought a shopping cart template from ActiveDen as well, found here. I just want to add an additional page to the website called "Shop" and link it to the working shopping cart template I purchased. But ideally, I would like to actually integrate the second template into the original web template, which I realize is more advanced than the first option. So I would settle for either of the two solutions.

My question is, What steps will I need to achieve this? Does anyone out there have a tutorial/resource that can help me figure out how to do this? Is it hard? I know the basics of Flash, but that is all. I do not even know where to begin. I would really appreciate any feed back/ advice anyone out there can give me. This is my first freelance job (I recently got laid off and I'm trying to make some extra $$ by creating a website for a friend), and I would really like to make this a success.

Thank you so much!

Most shopping cart will have the options to apply your own header/footer to it. What shopping cart are you using?

Hello! I am using this template as my main web page and am trying to somehow link this shopping cart templateinto it.

I have spent days trying various tutorials, but I'm not finding any luck no matter what methods I've tried. I'm sure it is not that simple, so I have been trying my best changing some codes here and there. Perhaps I am not searching the correct key words?

Thank you for your help!

The best way is to ask for support on a website where you bought your template(s).

I doubt that there are step-for-step tutorials on full templates integration. Seems like if you add the link to shopping cart from first template and then edit XML file for shopping cart, it will solve your problem (it is some monster of XML file "with over 150 different settings covering almost all aspects of the template"!).

Hi All,

Thank you so much for looking at my post and responding. I'm so happy to be getting anywhere at all with this issue.

IM, in response to your post

The best way is to ask for support on a website where you bought your template(s).

I doubt that there are step-for-step tutorials on full templates integration.

I did write/post on forums where the template was purchased and the response by the template's author was that help would be provided if I paid for it! I know that I could figure it out on my own, but after three days up staying up til 6am and reading lots of forums and tutorials, I don't feel like I'm getting any closer.

I like your solution of

add[ing] the link to shopping cart from first template and then edit XML file for shopping cart, it will solve your problem (
But like you mentioned, it has so much code, and being a rookie, I'm not sure what to change and where in the code to do that. Also, both templates show very little on the actual "stage" in Flash, these templates are predominately written in XML code, and so it's not as intuitive as I thought they'd be, as they were advertised as opening in Flash CS3, which I could figure out if there were actual objects on stage where you could edit the buttons. The buttons are pretty much "hidden", I'm sure that is not the correct term for it, but basically the page contents show nothing....as seen in the attached image.

ANDREA, I've attached the codes for both the website and the shopping cart. Thanks so much for taking a look at them :lol::) I really hope you can help me start deciphering them.

I would love to just add a link to something on one of the existing pages and then linking a shopping cart to that, but I'm not sure how to do that because all of the tutorials I found show you how to work with something visible on the FLASH stage, but since I can't see anything, I don't know where to begin coding. It would be so much help if you all could point me in the right direction!

Thanks all!

post-29802-040808300 1286916146_thumb.jpg

main website template.xml

config.xml

shop.xml

if you dont want to pay anybody to fix your website, get your hands dirty and learn how template is built (by the way your XML files are written with comments so did you read all of them through? These comments could provide you at least with the information on how to add extra button to the shopping cart - or - how to replace one of the buttons to the shop button).