I want a quicker way to open files in WampServer

Wickham

I've been using WampServer but I think I'm opening files in a long way and there must be a quicker way.

I open WampServer and click the "put online" item and then click "localhost" which opens http://localhost/ with the index file in Firefox. I then have to type my filename like test.php into the browser window so that it says http://localhost/test.php and the file opens in Apache.

If I go into the Windows Explorer folder wamp/www and double click the filename it opens in my default browser which is still IE and I realise that that won't work.

If I right click "open with" Firefox it opens but without using wamp and Apache.

What I would like to see when I right click "open with" is an option for localhost or WampServer but it isn't there and if I browse for a program for localhost, where would I find it? Ideally I would just like to doubleclick a filename in the wamp/www folder but I realise I will have to change the default browser to Firefox (Firefox is the default for WampServer but not for everything else).

I'll keep an eye out for something like this...

My editor has a built in web preview (not WYSIWYG, like Dreamweaver, but based on Safari's rendering engine), and PHP/MySQL is always running for me, so I don't really think about this any more. Do you at least have bookmarks to your www folder? Assuming that you have a folder per project, you could create a shortcut to that folder within your browser and make it simpler that way. I'm guessing that you already to do this though.