Joomla lost style

LSW

My wife is building a Joomla site for friends. When we change pages to say "About Us" the entire style/template is gone.

I have had some quick looks at it but am not seeing anything particularly clear. Any thoughts? mimickingourancestors.org

I suspect it has something to do with the seo rewrite:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/index.php/templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />

Turn off the SEO and see if it renders correctly. If so, then check the .htaccess to make sure that it's not disallowing access to any related folders where the css stylesheets resides.

• 1 month later...

I experienced the same issue with my own website when I first upload it from localhost to Live Server. Offline it appeared fine but after the move it appeared as if it were missing the CSS styling.

A few modifications in the config.php file did the trick with some assistance from the technical gal at the webhost company. :)

Hi There

I designed a website in Joomla. My site appears fine in Mozilla Firefox but it does not appear correct in Internet Explorer. The majority of the users use Internet Explorer to view the website and some of them are not that computer savvy to use another browser.

I have come across an answer to fix this.

To prevent IE from entering Quirks Mode, replace the and statements at the top of the template's index file with:

$iso = split( '=', _ISO );

$Browser_Type = strtok($HTTP_USER_AGENT, "/");

$doc_type = "";

if (ereg( "MSIE", $HTTP_USER_AGENT))

{

echo $doc_type;

echo '';

$browtype = "You are using IE";

}

else

{

echo '';

echo $doc_type;

$browtype = "You are not using IE";

}

?>

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE WHERE IN MY INDEX PHP do I place this.

Kind Regards

I don't believe that snippet has anything to do with preventing quirks mode. It appears to identify what browser the user is using -- whether it is IE or not.

If you want to prevent quirks mode, I'm under the impression you have to use a correct doctype. It is also possible that your browser issues have nothing to do with quirks mode, but simply with how different browsers interpret your code. You'd need to post a link to your site so we can see what you are working with.