Need help with .js functioning in IE

Webkiller

I need help with a .js script that wont function in IE. Its telling me there is something wrong with Line 5 Char 2.

I have a screen shot for you showing the lines. Char 2 is located right before the P at the start of line 5.

Any ideas is much appreciated and it works fine in Chrome and Firefox.

View it at the bottom of the about page http://www.bestad.org/about.php Its the cloth with a picture of me blowing in wind when moved.

Screen Shot:

33w8miw.png

Edited by Webkiller

This may be a silly question, but are you sure that the canvas element is supported by IE? I was under the impression that it wasn't, which may be the source of your issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_element - says that the canvas element isn't implemented in IE6-8, though I'm guessing it may be in IE9?

Well IE9 beta does not work either. It blocks the whole thing and rejects it. Reading up on it Microsoft does not have plugins to support it. Another F- for IE.

I will have to link it off to another page and warn people that its only supported in certain browsers.

Edited by Webkiller

To be honest, I would consider dropping it completely from that page. I can't really see how it belongs on the "About" page -- a user who visits that page is looking for information about you/your company, not for flashy tech demos. The average user probably has no idea what the canvas element is, why it isn't supported in IE, etc, and frankly probably doesn't care. If you want to keep that element, maybe it belongs on a page specifically for tech demos/experimentation?

Dude, nooooooooo...I just noticed that your About page Team pictures rotate, and that they're Flash. Come on bro, if you want those effects, use jQuery, a lot less resources spent and after it's done the recourses are freed.

Anyway, back to the topic on hand, I agree with falkencreative. You should have a tech directory/page for stuff like that. In my site, I have a "Testing" navigation link, which isn't setup yet but that's where I'm going to do all my cool technologies testing.

To be honest, I would consider dropping it completely from that page. I can't really see how it belongs on the "About" page -- a user who visits that page is looking for information about you/your company, not for flashy tech demos. The average user probably has no idea what the canvas element is, why it isn't supported in IE, etc, and frankly probably doesn't care. If you want to keep that element, maybe it belongs on a page specifically for tech demos/experimentation?

Your right added the experiments to the web design page. Yes I agree the average user really doesn't care about canvas so put it under graphic design to make it more user friendly.

Dude, nooooooooo...I just noticed that your About page Team pictures rotate, and that they're Flash. Come on bro, if you want those effects, use jQuery, a lot less resources spent and after it's done the recourses are freed.

Anyway, back to the topic on hand, I agree with falkencreative. You should have a tech directory/page for stuff like that. In my site, I have a "Testing" navigation link, which isn't setup yet but that's where I'm going to do all my cool technologies testing.

JQery doesnt function as good as adobe I tried it out already awhile back. Less resources? I feel like the jquery is eating my bandwidth x2 compared to adobe flash.

Edited by Webkiller