Major Sites Major Errors with WC3

Webkiller

I thought these sites would pull all the stops for WC3. That was a joke so heres what I found in indexs.

AOL www.aol.com Index - 421 Errors and wow 297 warnings - Written in XHTML.

Ebay is still in HTML with 214 errors.

CNN still in HTML and has 85 errors and 27 warnings.

Fox is in XHTML and has 63 errors and 18 warnings.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH ----- www.microsoft.com is still emulating IE 7 because it messes up in 8 and 9 looks like.... TOOO funny. <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

Microsoft is in XHTML and has 104 errors and 31 warnings.

Google's comes in with 40 errors and 2 warnings.

Bing is in XHTML and comes in with 12 errors on its 23 line index.

Yahoo is still HTML with 1000 plus lines on index and comes in with 166 errors and 33 warnings.

Add to the list folks if you want. I will try and build it more over time. B)

Adding to List at 12:23

Major Bank Chase written in HTML comes in with 119 Errors and 51 Warnings.

You Tube Written in HTML but weird in the fact it just put this at Doctype <!DOCTYPE html> nothing else. Huge Spaces in its lines with nothing must slow it down.... Lets see 154 Errors and 4 warnings.

Facebook is written in XHTML and comes in with 11 errors.

Edited by Webkiller

Of course Google and YouTube is going to be using HTML 5, two of the major sites that are. Another reason why these major sites don't pass W3c validation is most likely because they use custom toolkits to build and render the pages and use outdated methods. Since W3c validation is good, it doesn't have to be done, which is why a lot of them don't worry about it.

I like my sites to validate with W3c standards, I really don't know why, but that's just me. At my work, I'm still updating our toolkit which uses older methods of creating javascript (Inserting the "language" attribute in the script tag, using the "name" attribute on images instead of "id", etc), and the home page has 54 errors which is a lot less than the interior pages.

W3.org has 2 errors on its inner page. :lol:http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List

FYI, "<!DOCTYPE html>" is the HTML5 doctype.

I'm not sure what you are seeing on the Google site, but I'm seeing a "<!doctype html>" doctype.

Yeah I see it now I had a bunch of tabs up and missed it thanks.

Of course Google and YouTube is going to be using HTML 5, two of the major sites that are. Another reason why these major sites don't pass W3c validation is most likely because they use custom toolkits to build and render the pages and use outdated methods. Since W3c validation is good, it doesn't have to be done, which is why a lot of them don't worry about it.

I like my sites to validate with W3c standards, I really don't know why, but that's just me. At my work, I'm still updating our toolkit which uses older methods of creating javascript (Inserting the "language" attribute in the script tag, using the "name" attribute on images instead of "id", etc), and the home page has 54 errors which is a lot less than the interior pages.

It was not just their custom toolkits that were showing errors but I agree.

Edited by Webkiller

Im the same way... always validating. For some reason I like the green line.... "Passed". lol

Makes me feel i've done something right in my life.

Yes a big RED alert in your face can lower your self esteem. A large GREEN and congratulations is always good. :P

Edited by Webkiller

Yes a big RED alert in your face can lower your self esteem. A large GREEN and congratulations is always good. :P

Its paranoia.... trust me. Im far from even considering myself a web designer.

I found http://www.dell.com/ Errors found while checking this document as HTML 4.0 Transitional! = 448 Errors, 71 warning(s)

I just wish they could've rounded it off to 450 at least..... :lol: