Picking my color Scheme

perryc

Hello, i was wondering if somebody could tell me how to pick a color scheme for my layout correctly? I was trying to go off of my logo design and use those kind of color's. I have my layouts already drawn up on paper. Just haveing a really hard time picking my color scheme. Any help would be greatly. Appricated.

Thanks,

Cody Perry

What do you like? What kind of site?

Image sites, galleries etc look best in dark colors. Black, Dark grey, Dark Blue, dark green....

Sites of mostly text are best as light colors, human eyes are trained to expect dark text on light back grounds from birth. Don't use pure white, it tends to be to bright and strains the eyes, use beige, off white, or real pale colors.

Light text on dark backgrounds again go against what the eye expects and causes stress and poor concentration. Short blocks of simple text are fine, but not large complicated articles, best to avoid that. Never use white text on dark, it is again to bright, keep it to a very pale color or off white.

Then their is theme, if you have a site about zombie movies, do you want it to be light blue or pink? No. needs top be dark. Would you want a black gothic feel for a gardening site? No....

If you visit Adobe, they have both a desktop (Air) application and a web application versions of Adobe Kuler, People send in color schemes and it is good for matching complimentary colors. So either book mark it or download it to you machine.

What do you like? What kind of site?

Image sites, galleries etc look best in dark colors. Black, Dark grey, Dark Blue, dark green....

Sites of mostly text are best as light colors, human eyes are trained to expect dark text on light back grounds from birth. Don't use pure white, it tends to be to bright and strains the eyes, use beige, off white, or real pale colors.

Light text on dark backgrounds again go against what the eye expects and causes stress and poor concentration. Short blocks of simple text are fine, but not large complicated articles, best to avoid that. Never use white text on dark, it is again to bright, keep it to a very pale color or off white.

Then their is theme, if you have a site about zombie movies, do you want it to be light blue or pink? No. needs top be dark. Would you want a black gothic feel for a gardening site? No....

If you visit Adobe, they have both a desktop (Air) application and a web application versions of Adobe Kuler, People send in color schemes and it is good for matching complimentary colors. So either book mark it or download it to you machine.

I couldn't have described it any better than this. :)

Personally, I think you should do what ever you like AND deem it fitting for the site's purpose.