Review of My Company Website

Webkiller

This my company website and I have employees around the University in web design and other majors that work for me also. I hope you all like it and I would love to know how to improve the site more. We seem to rank very good on bing and yahoo with multiple keywords. We rank kind of low in google. Thanks everyone. :):D

Best Ad Advertising LLC

The site is excellent, easy navagation, easy to understand pages, what fascinated me the most was the very easy on the eye layout, it actually kinda made me relax from a few hours of tension. :lol:

In my opinion, I think you have achieved perfection with the layout :) but if your site ranks low then I don't think many can see the beauty of the layout ;)

114 validation errors and that rotating gif took me right back to 1995. There's too much motion on the page for my taste and for no good reason. By that I mean the rotating thing and that in-out moving image in the news update section.

Hi,

yeah very nice site you have do some seo for site.

I think I rank very well in Bing and Yahoo. If you have some ideas for ranking better in google please share. Thanks for the comment. :)

The site is excellent, easy navagation, easy to understand pages, what fascinated me the most was the very easy on the eye layout, it actually kinda made me relax from a few hours of tension. :lol:

In my opinion, I think you have achieved perfection with the layout :) but if your site ranks low then I don't think many can see the beauty of the layout ;)

Thanks for the nice comments. I am glad it helped you relax. We must share similar tastes because I based it on what I think of unique design and function. :)

114 validation errors and that rotating gif took me right back to 1995. There's too much motion on the page for my taste and for no good reason. By that I mean the rotating thing and that in-out moving image in the news update section.

Rotating .gif LOL its Flash.... I have seen the errors in W3c most are meta tag closings which I dont need and little errors that would mess up scripts. I ran it by a few web designer professors at the University of Wisconsin a few weeks ago and they said it makes little difference and could hurt the functions. I am going to start reviewing each line again to make sure thanks for the comment. Hmm we liked the flash rotating and slide we may change them in time. Thanks for the comments. :)http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.bestad.org/

Your layout and color choices, I feel are excellent. Nice and clean, but I must agree with Andrea. Those flipping and sliding graphics drive me nuts! What do they do for a visitor?

Thanks for the comments about the layout and feel of the site. I thought it would give a more interesting side of the site to visitors as the rest of the site I decided to lay off of it. :)

PS: I am surprised nobody went nuts about the right click disable. I thought that was going to get alot of negative feedback as it was a test to see if I should keep it on or not. About 90% of the people at the university and most of my generation, early 20s copy and paste for school and little have experience to bypass it like a webmaster.

Thanks

Michael

I hadn't noticed the right-click disable - apparently, the fancy flash-created rotating gif of the 90s had distracted me - but yes, that's definitely frowned upon. I don't get why you'd kick people of your site just because they right-click. One would think one would want to keep visitors.

And if the professors say that validating code is pointless, it must be so. I think we all understand that certain functions will cause validation errors, and those, one usually will have to live with, but I'd say that if you chose an XHTML doctype even so HTML would be the correct choice, at least you'd want to make sure you have the required XHTML closing tags. But that's just my opinion.

I hadn't noticed the right-click disable - apparently, the fancy flash-created rotating gif of the 90s had distracted me - but yes, that's definitely frowned upon. I don't get why you'd kick people of your site just because they right-click. One would think one would want to keep visitors.

And if the professors say that validating code is pointless, it must be so. I think we all understand that certain functions will cause validation errors, and those, one usually will have to live with, but I'd say that if you chose an XHTML doctype even so HTML would be the correct choice, at least you'd want to make sure you have the required XHTML closing tags. But that's just my opinion.

Its adobe flash and has nothing to do with a .gif..... I have had many compliments on it so your opinion will be added to the list. The right click does not close the site when you search through the search engine. Its only does it when linking the site. Thanks for the comments. ;)

The color scheme and layout are very nice. A couple things:

I don't understand the image in the bottom left hand corner how it goes from right then to left then to the right again? Maybe have this as a static image?

Definitely the errors are not good. Who knows - you could clean up 2-3 errors and most of the remaining errors could be cleaned up as well (sometimes 1 or 2 errors can lead to multiple errors)

Overall a nice job

I know the difference between a gif and flash - I was describing what I see, not explaining how it got there.

When I was on the home page and right-clicked, it closed the window on me and I was back on killersites. A right-click on one of the sub-pages where I tried it took me back to your home page.

Hi, I really like your site, let me ask you that/. what technique did you use for loafing the images at webdesign.php??

really nite effect

Thanks the jquery.lightbox-0.5.js edit it your needs make a CSS with it and insert the loading div infront of the image on the PHP page.

The color scheme and layout are very nice. A couple things:

I don't understand the image in the bottom left hand corner how it goes from right then to left then to the right again? Maybe have this as a static image?

Definitely the errors are not good. Who knows - you could clean up 2-3 errors and most of the remaining errors could be cleaned up as well (sometimes 1 or 2 errors can lead to multiple errors)

Overall a nice job

Thanks for the comment I missed your comment for a second. I may just make the image static stand still. The effect I was getting was the image going through the second column then running into the 3rd column then backing up and going around the site and doing it again. I tried stopping the loop to see how that went but when its done it just disappears. I spent alot of time editing the effect just right to do that but I see how it can be annoying. Thanks for the comments. :)

.... and start with low competitive keywords
Can you give us an example - his site is (among other things) about web design. Enter that into Google, you get almost half a BILLION hits!!!

What keyword would be 'low competitive' but still relative that could possibly create only a manageable number of results?

I know the difference between a gif and flash - I was describing what I see, not explaining how it got there.

When I was on the home page and right-clicked, it closed the window on me and I was back on killersites. A right-click on one of the sub-pages where I tried it took me back to your home page.

I messed around with the script for a couple hours finally fixed it. The right click will never close the window. Nothing will happen. Thanks Andrea :)

nice site overall..just need some seo changes ..in keywords meta put max 12 keywords and start with low competitive keywords brother..overall your site is fantastic ..

Thanks for the comment. I have 16 keywords is there a limit for high engine ranking at 12? Thanks again. :)

Can you give us an example - his site is (among other things) about web design. Enter that into Google, you get almost half a BILLION hits!!!

What keyword would be 'low competitive' but still relative that could possibly create only a manageable number of results?

Andrea I changed the sliding mechanism because alot of people and you did not like it. I even dedicated to you Andrea in text on the site check it out..hehehee :D I changed the image pop up and fade away in the right on all the pages except the index. Tell me what you think? :)

It's better :rolleyes: - I just don't see the point of things moving and shaking just for the moving and shaking bit. And while I still don't like the disabled right-click, at least you're not shooting yourself in the foot with it by kicking people smack off your site.

And overall - a lot of it (this specifically EXCLUDES any validation errors) really is just subjective, personal opinion - and whichever way one goes, one usually cannot please everybody.

Not a bad site, clean colors and smooth look. I just think that there is too much flash on the page, but that's just me. One thing that really irks me is the Contact Us column in your footer. Why have four links all going to the same page? I would just use one link, the location text, and the rest be text on the page. It would help better with SEO since your phone number would be on every page. Also, I really don't understand the disabled right click, makes no sense. A lot of people right click links to open in new tabs/windows and you're keeping that from happening. But overall, not bad, keep it up.

Not a bad site, clean colors and smooth look. I just think that there is too much flash on the page, but that's just me. One thing that really irks me is the Contact Us column in your footer. Why have four links all going to the same page? I would just use one link, the location text, and the rest be text on the page. It would help better with SEO since your phone number would be on every page. Also, I really don't understand the disabled right click, makes no sense. A lot of people right click links to open in new tabs/windows and you're keeping that from happening. But overall, not bad, keep it up.

Thanks for the comments on the site. I think Your suggestion on the contact is very interesting and I like the idea. I will do that with the pages Sunday when I have more time. I disabled the right click because my generation of internet folks these days copy and paste everything on the internet. Then we move up the ladder to entry level people starting their sites and these people are all over the back end of your site with their browsers looking at your custom scripts all the way down to your time consuming lines of code you put in your site. Its so easy with browsers to do this today (go back six years and try) that once the majority of people get off of facebook and start wanting their own websites instead of their own personal page. Alot of copy writing from these people will take place all over the web.

I disabled the right click because my generation of internet folks these days copy and paste everything on the internet. Then we move up the ladder to entry level people starting their sites and these people are all over the back end of your site with their browsers looking at your custom scripts all the way down to your time consuming lines of code you put in your site....Alot of copy writing from these people will take place all over the web.

Just exactly what generation are you in? You're making young developers like me seem like nothing more than copy/paste kings and queens. Yes, I do look at peoples source code to see exactly what it is they're doing (or trying to do), but if I like it, I replicate it myself. I just rolled out a feature to my companies site that is a mash-up of two different controls.

You should be proud of the code you write, I know I am of mine. If people copy my code, I get excited, it means I did a good enough job to impress them and they want what I've done. But again, to each his own.

Keep up the good work.

Just exactly what generation are you in? You're making young developers like me seem like nothing more than copy/paste kings and queens. Yes, I do look at peoples source code to see exactly what it is they're doing (or trying to do), but if I like it, I replicate it myself. I just rolled out a feature to my companies site that is a mash-up of two different controls.

You should be proud of the code you write, I know I am of mine. If people copy my code, I get excited, it means I did a good enough job to impress them and they want what I've done. But again, to each his own.

Keep up the good work.

I am twenty two how old are you? Ok Kyle I did your changes with the contact column. I put in the actual number, location and fax. I also put in links to reference them. Losing links on the index lowers the SEO.I think it looks good!

Check the about page also I added a poll so please vote. I put the PHP IP memory in the backend so only one vote. Like the CSS3 round corners?

Thanks again Kyle. Please tell me your business site and your friends forum. I can check them out.

Edited by Webkiller

I'm the same age.

I like the new look of the contact column, good job, that's much better logically and for SEO. I like the poll, but I had the ability to vote twice, the second time I just hit vote without an option and now I can't vote again. The rounded corners on the top piece looks good, but I would round all the corners. Right now, all I see is the top corners rounded. Also, behind the top piece, there are square corners popping up behind the dark area (screenshot http://imgur.com/600eZ.png), I would round those as well. I like how you don't do the CSS hack for rounded corners in IE, it's not worth the trouble. Your poll.css file won't validate since you have the -mozilla, and -webkit properties in it, just in case you didn't know.

It's looking good though, you're doing great, keep it up.

I don't know the rules about posting to other forum sites, but if I break them just tell me and I'll correct it. My friends forum is programmingseo.com, and my companies site is acfconsulting.com

Guest Lacour

That's not a bad site at all. My only comment would be that the graphics could be a little more streamlined. I think I would lose the two animated gifs on the front page because they don't really add anything content-wise to the site.

Have a look at my http://w ww.2insure 4less.com site and tell me what you think. I'm not sure what to do with it so that people will want to stay on the site and have a look at the content. It's not generating as much interest as I had hoped.