Flash Website Problems

mrdamon

Hello all.

Let me start with what I have.

I have a website posted. I created my flash site using 4 different .swf files. The navigation file loads and unloads the other 3. It was created in Flash MX. I searched Google & the web site came up (site appears at the top of the list, great). Some other choices came up as well, but with a link to just the .swf files. See the link below (the second google link has just the .swf).

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=www.centricdesignstudio.com&aq=o&oq=

It doesn't look too good to have one of my .swf files appear without the navigation file. How can I fix this or maybe the question is how should I have set the files up?

Thanks, mrDamon

I dont see a problem with Google self - it shows your website as you've said. Not sure why one of .swf appears (though nowadays Google does follow links in Flash content as well so may be this is a reason).

On the other hand, if you use Flash for the website, embed it using swfobject. It will give you an oppotunity, besides all, to add alternative, accessible ( to everyone) content. Also, add doctype and use no tables while embedding ( you'll find full correct code if you follow the link I gave).

You didnt ask for it but just some feedback:

If you link to .pdf file from your Flash, let visitors know about it: some .pdf content is not accessible for everybody.

The links ( and navigation in general) in your Flash content should stand out - make them as a buttons or at least use underlined text.

So in all, make your Flash website as accessible as possible.

And of course, if you have not much animation, consider making HTML website and include some Flash content if you really need to.