Stef’s "Web Design In a Recession" Video Blog

jodygrenier

• 3 weeks later...

Stef, thanks for an encouraging video! I sometimes think I'm 27 and I'm getting into this way too old. I'm taking a programming class at a community college and there are plenty of really young guys, who know a heck of a lot more than I do. Also, there are so many options on the web now. For example, you can design a site in Photoshop and have it converted either to CSS or even WordPress blog. What do you think about those services? Also, there are WordPress themes all over the places, with some being free and some offering pretty nice packages and services. Anyway, just some of my thoughts on the subject. I got into this because I really wanted to find a way to be home with kids majority of the time, but of course just playing with this stuff is fun, as it offers a combination of creative and technical.

I got into this because I really wanted to find a way to be home with kids majority of the time, but of course just playing with this stuff is fun, as it offers a combination of creative and technical.

That's the fun thing about the web design and programming profession - the flexibility.

Don't worry about the hot shot kids ... the key to being successful is to find your niche in the whole web site building process. It may be design centric, or code centric or system building oriented - the trick is to figure out where you are strong and then to play to those strengths.

WP templates are fine .. just incorporate them into your work-flow so you save time and produce better websites in the end.

Stefan