click tag script

Ant

Since the co I work for is not willing :rolleyes: to hire the appropriate people, our web designer doesn't have the answers to the following questions asked to me by our clients.

So I was hoping someone here could explain to me how I go about answering this question:

our clients want to know what our "Click tag script" is for banner ads.

They said it would be something like this: on (release) {getURL(_level0.clickTag, "_blank");}

I looked it up and I guess it's info embedded in webfiles (maybe exclusive to flash files???)that allows clients to track information on their web advertisement.

How that differs from our web stats generated by godaddy is what I don't understand.

So where would that info come from. Godaddy? The web designer?

Thanks

Ant

News, thanks.

What I'm trying to figure out is what is the info the client wants from us.

The client said every other company gave them clicktag scripts. So I assume it's something specific to each other company.

Our company does not have clicktag scripts to give to clients for their banner ads.

What I cant figure out is what info do they want from us. I thought the clicktag script is generated by the flash designer.

Something they create in flash that they specify. I guess they need some part of the clicktag info from us??

Thanks

Ant

Our company does not have clicktag scripts to give to clients for their banner ads

It's not clear to me what the company is asking for other than they need a bit of code to add your ad to their banner. I would suggest responding to them similar to the quote above....tell them you don't have one to give. Otherwise, you can either ask him how to make one for them or ask a flash developer.

I will shoot an email over to my flash guru but it may take a few days.

News, thanks for the help.

Just to clarify, this is a banner ad that a client wants to place on my companies website. I figured you got that but I'm just clarifying.

I asked the agency (media person), that was asking me for the info, if i could talk to their designer and see if the flash designer could explain it to me. But they said "don't worry about it" and just ended it there.

If you find anything else out I would be curious to know what the answers are.

Thanks

Ant

• 2 weeks later...

Just got another request for click through info. Here's the question from the client:

"What is the preferred method for embedding the click through?"

Try embedding it in the actionscript with the flash banner. Then it might show up in the .swf files. How the client would see that I have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

So far it seems like all these "scripts" clients are receiving from other companies are just INSTRUCTIONS on how to embed the click-tag in flash. I still don't see anything in the click script that looks "specific" to the companies websites. It all looks like generic code.

Ant