Linking to webcam images on another site

youngros

For about 12 months I have linked the images from a site that has webcam images on. http://www.netmadeira.com/webcams-madeira They supplied the instructions for this at the bottom of the page. The instructions needed modifying to make it work, but it did. Until about a month ago. Looking at the code it is obvious they have changed something as it is completely different to what is in their instructions.

I have tried to do it by using the URL from the image, and occasionally it will work but mostly not. If I right click and say view image I get a 403 forbidden error. How have they managed to do this if I can view the images on their site?

I have emailed them to say that the links no longer work, but don't hold out much hope of a response.

I have tried to do it by using the URL from the image, and occasionally it will work but mostly not. If I right click and say view image I get a 403 forbidden error. How have they managed to do this if I can view the images on their site?

They probably have code in place that checks what domain the images request is coming from. If it is from a domain that isn't theirs, they have the ability to block it. That's a pretty standard way of preventing hotlinking (displaying their files on your own website.)

I'm not sure if there are any good options for you, other than trying to contact them directly.