Jump to content
Killersites Forums

What do you call this type of menu?


Recommended Posts

I'd usually call it a "dropdown" or "suckerfish" menu.


I'd never heard of suckerfish. Dropdown is what I know, but I think of that more of an 'old-fashioned' type, but I gues yes it is the same things just a modern spin on it. I was just thinking whether they had a name for when it appears 'out of thin air' so to speak in this 'up-to-date- way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it's called a Fade effect. These effects can be very easily achieved using the recent Javascript libraries such as: jQuery, mooTools, Scriptaculous and YUI Library etc. Basically it's manipulating the element's opacity incrementally using a loop probably, so it appears as though it's fading in and fading out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...