Please Critique

NuCoder

My family and I are victims of Chinese Drywall, and after our lender refused to help us so we can move - I started a web site for victims to tell their stories. (Thought I would tell you why the site was built in case you have not heard of this disaster).

If you could, please visit www.creativeeyedia.com (temp url) and please critique the site and provide any feedback you may have..

thank you

Brian

Edited by NuCoder

You might improve the contrast so that it's a bit easier to read the content.

I am surprised that you didn't use Wordpress for easy management of stories that people want to share. You could have a register/login area to allow them to create an account in which they can then type in their own stories which you can then approve the post or not. Additionally, you can allow comments for the posted stories.

Finally, Wordpress will allow you to categorize the stories in a snap.

Thanks Newseed - and I have changed the text to be a little darker (not uploaded yet)

My brother is currently working on a WP blog for this - still learning the ropes, but this will definitely be changed to WP soon..

thanks for the insight!

Your navigation is dropping to two lines for me (Firefox). "Contact" is appearing below "home".

Also, you might consider adding a bit of bottom padding to each <li> in your right column that lists the manufacturers.

Thanks Ben - are you on Mac? It looks fine on my end (FF) as well as IE. How would I fix this error?

Brian

@NuCoder

Reducing #navigation .left's right padding to 158px fixes it for me.

Also, on your splash page (seriously, you need a splash page? I already want to see the site -- why do I need to do an extra click just to enter?) try resizing your browser down to 1024x768 or so -- you'll notice that your "Enter" link and the "This site was built for modern browsers. If you are on Internet..." text isn't properly centered.

I do not necessarily care for the Splash page as well, but I came up with it bc I do not think many users will be on IE 6.

In IE 6 - the footer links are missing and on the Contact page - the contact information on the right is pushed down? Any ideas on what is causing this?

I do not necessarily care for the Splash page as well, but I came up with it bc I do not think many users will be on IE 6

You can avoid the splash page altogether if your only issue is with IE6 or older versions by simply use a Conditional Comment to show a upgrade notice for IE6 users only. All other modern browser will ignored this notice.

There are a good number of scripts that will do this also:

IE6 Upgrade Warning

Edited by newseed

You can avoid the splash page altogether if your only issue is with IE6 or older versions by simply use a Conditional Comment to show a upgrade notice for IE6 users only. All other modern browser will ignored this notice.

There are a good number of scripts that will do this also:

IE6 Upgrade Warning

Thanks Newseed -