CSS 3.0 animation features

Guest Jhonpeter

Guest Jhonpeter

Hey folks,

All the time I hear mobiles will replace computer in near future… if it’s true then what the impact of this on our WWW (World Wide Web)? With this curious mindset, I started my search with the basic CSS 3.0 features, to figure out how CSS will be rendered on mobile browsers.

Animation is the Key feature to retain end users interest so I began my search with the same. I found one nice article about CSS 3.0 animation features. To my surprise the article was targeted for mobile & web (PC) browsers. The code snippet was very useful and led to a smooth animation on my Chrome browser. I hope this will be helpful for all the people who want to learn CSS 3.0 animation and target rapidly growing mobile browser market.

For your quick view, the whole stuff is here http://innovator.samsungmobile.com/cms/cnts/knowledge.detail.view.do?platformId=12&cntsId=7080

Some of the feature & Properties covered in above article:

Animation Properties - name, animation-duration, animation-timing-function, animation-iteration-count, animation-direction, animation-play-state, animation-delay using these properties and the values we can easily create transition animation also we can control those transitions.

Some transform properties are listed below;

Property Description

matrix - Allows you to specify a 2D transformation in a matrix of six values

translate - A 2D translation along a matrix of X and Y values

translateX - A 2D translation along an X direction

translateY - A 2D translation along an Y direction

scale - Scale the property up and out by defining X and Y values

scaleX - Scale the property up by defining X value

scaleY - Scale the property out by defining Y values

rotate - Rotate a property by degrees

skewX - Skew a property along X values

skewY - Skew a property along Y values

You can find some CSS snippets as well in above mentioned link.

Try it! Have a fun.

Hey good post, I think that the mobile browser market will continue to grow but i don't think computers will be completely replaced anythime soon. The older generagion does not like the smaller text or anything of that sort. Plus some people like to see everything on the screen at once.

Just thought id add that.

Thanks,

Cody Perry