About the training videoes from killersites.

Adversary

Ive seen the 4 videos on how to learn making webpages. I learned something, and are hungry for more. One thing that truly anoyed me, was that it was spent to much time talking about basic stuff like how to make a txt file for windows users. I wonder if any newbeginners on computers want to start webdesigning. Anyway, I would like to download (yes, buy first, then download), but not sure if the explaning of that ovious things will continue to be talked about.

Anyone know how the videoes are the next 3,5 hours? I hope that when we are learning more HTML coding and so on, that it is less on how to use the computer, and more details on how and why to building a webpage.

I haven't watched the videos in a while, but they were very helpful to me when I was first getting started. Yes, some of the videos may be too basic for some, but for others, that may be exactly what they need. Some of the most common beginner questions on this forum are simple things like when someone doesn't know how to change the file extension on a text file (so they get "theirwebpage.html.txt" or similar.) As a beginner once myself, I know it's really frustrating to get stuck on something really simple, or when you're following along with the video and think you are doing everything right, but you are getting different results from what is shown in the video.

Once you get through the first few videos, you should have a majority of the basic computer concepts out of the way. The course is quite useful, and by the end of it, you should have a basic understanding of the tags used to build a web page, some CSS knowledge so you can style your website, and have built a sample page or two.

Guest It'sMeAgain

Hi

Just wanted to add my thoughts regarding the basic information on the training video's.

I'm not a newbie on a pc but I am a newbie when it comes to doing anything technical on it. I suppose it depends what you have used your pc for before taking the web design path.

I found lot's of forums where the advice given to me was over my head. Even when I explained I was new to it all they still couldn't come down to the level I was at and explain things in the way I could understand. I was told by one man that people using that forum were expected to have the basic knowlege of how things work and I was basically wasting my time being there until I had learnt it. So for me and others like me finding the training video's are a God send. I learnt more in the first 10 minuets of watching the first video then I had in several months of trying to learn elsewhere. Stef makes it so easy to understand and for me watching is the easiest way to learn.

Sandy :)